*** GMX Spamverdacht *** [PyQt] ImportError: No module named QtOpenGL

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Apr 28 19:42:06 BST 2007

On 28.04.07 23:31:53, Pradnyesh Sawant wrote:
> Hello,
> I've written a small pyqt4 code, which on running on an ubuntu 6.10
> system gives me the foll error:
> $ python2.4 updLbl.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "updLbl.py", line 1, in ?
>    import PyQt4.Qt as qt

This is wrong, you don't want to do that. You want to do either

import PyQt4
or
from PyQt4 import QtCore,QtGui

>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PyQt4/Qt.py", line 4, in ?
>    from PyQt4.QtOpenGL import *
> ImportError: No module named QtOpenGL
>
> I've tried installing python-opengl, and also qt4-dev-tools, but the
> error persists.
> What pkg do i need to install to get rid of the error message?

Install apt-file package and do apt-file update. Afterwards you can
search for files in packages using

apt-file search <filename>

If you still get the error when not import the Qt but the QtCore and
QtGui packages then you found a bug in Kubuntu's pyqt4 packages. But I
think you won't get that error.

Last but not least, the OpenGL part of PyQt4 is in the package
python-qt4-gl.

Andreas

--
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading
this sort of trash.