[PyQt] A Qt error pushed me out of Python

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Sat Apr 14 02:01:56 BST 2007

On 13/04/2007 23.12, Gerard Vermeulen wrote:

> However, it does not work with vanilla PyQt-win-gpl-4.2.
> Does somebody know how to make it work on Windows?

In fact, it does not work on Windows because it relies on readline, and Python
does not have any readline implementation under Windows. readline itself is
UNIX-only.

Google will find for you some interesting SF patches with Windows readline
implementation for Python, that have been rejected because of side-cases, and
IMHO missing the point that an optional incomplete buggy readline might be
better than the void we have now. OK I'll shut up :)
--
Giovanni Bajo