[PyKDE] PyKDE 3.16.0 released

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Sep 24 01:45:47 BST 2006

On Saturday 23 September 2006 13:04, Torsten Marek wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> one more thing. Is there a way to circumvent the libkonsolepart.so hackery?
> What you are doing in configure.py works for private persons who install
> PyKDE on their own, but I can't include something like that into the Debian
> package. I'd be happy to work on a fix if you could give me some pointers.

Hackery? Me?

I assume you mean the ldconfig call and symlink that make install does
(kde3/lib/kde3 isn't usually visible, at least where I've tested)?  Otherwise
it's straightforward bindings (with a modified h file as a cheap way of doing
a wrapper)..

There are a couple of ways to handle it: one would be to provide a switch in
configure.py. The other would be to a) remove the %Include konsole_part.sip
from the kparts-kde35*.diff, and b) add a condition in a couple places to
detect if that's missing (easiest to test the kpartsmod.sip file). The *diff
removal you'd have to do, but I can modify configure.py easily.

Let me know which you'd prefer - I prefer the latter, but neither is hard to
do. But I don't think it'll work without the symlink/ldconfig.

Jim