[PyKDE] PyKDE 3.16.0 released

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Sep 23 20:53:50 BST 2006

On Saturday 23 September 2006 11:49, Torsten Marek wrote:

> just one small remark: extensions/dcopext.py needs Python 2.4. It uses a
> generator expression on line 190, as well as a method decorator. This
> breaks compatibility with 2.3.
>
> Otherwise, it builds just fine.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but forgot to handle it. The old dcopext.py should
be included too, and should be installed for older versions of Python. The
new one is a contributed patch, and I noticed the use of 'set', which I think
is Py 2.4. Ideally, I should modify the new patch to work with 2.3, because
it fixes some problems with PyKDE's DCOP, but I haven't gotten around to that
yet.

I'll fix it one way or the other for the next release, which is actually
complete except for bug fixes like this one.

Jim