[PyKDE] BrowserExtension.createNewWindow(KURL, URLArgs, WindowArgs, ReadOnlyPart)

Paul Giannaros ceruleanblaze at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 22:06:48 BST 2006

There are two createNewWindow signals in KParts::BrowserExtension to notify
browser hosts that a new window has been requested.
createNewWindow(KURL, KParts::URLArgs) is supported, but I can see on the
PyKDE docs that createNewWindow(KURL, KParts::URLArgs, KParts::WindowArgs,
*&KParts::ReadOnlyPart) is not supported. The second signal is (as far as I
can see) used in KJS and emitted when JavaScript creates a new window so that
you can set the emitted KPart to your new KHTMLPart and the two can
communicate via JavaScript on the webpage.
Is there any chance of this signal being supported in some way? If only
KHTMLPart::setOpener/setOpenedByJS were not private then there would be no
need for it to be.