[PyKDE] konsole_part again

JIm Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Sep 21 22:47:18 BST 2006

Previously, by request, I had added support for konsole_part to PyKDE.
Subsequently, I ran into problems with it, and removed it.

Today I tried adding it back in again (thinking I knew how to fix the
problems) and it seems to work fine again without any difficulties. I'm
planning on leaving it in for the future and I think I can fix it if the same
problems as before come up.

What I don't have is any way of testing it, or any knowledge about whether
I've provided sufficient support. I'd appreciate it if someone could put
together a small test app and/or usage example. I'm not ready to release the
next PyKDE version yet (although I may do a snapshot), but I can make a
tarball available if someone wants to test out the konsole_part stuff.

It should work with any KDE version, but I've only tested the build against
KDE 3.5.3. The module konsole_part is in (kparts) loads, and that's usually
sufficient to believe the code will work (there's no handwritten code for
konsole_part, so everything is sip-generated).

If someone can give me a hand with this, let me know.

Jim