[PyKDE] [PyQt4] How to distribute an application.

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Wed Sep 20 07:46:35 BST 2006

Hola,

At 19:52 17/09/2006 +0200, Javier Sanz wrote:
>Hello.
>What is the recommended way to distribute an application for
>PyQt4/Linux?. Most distros don't have PyQt4 available in their
>repositories.
>Thanks

I guess is a question of taste. Personally, I distrbute binaries generated
with cx_freeze for linux and windows while I use py2app for MacOSX.

You can take a look at the downloads page of pymca project at sourceforge
to get an idea about how easy can be the installation for the end user.

Buena suerte,

Armando