[PyKDE] PyQt4 and SIP-4.4.5 issues

Gerard Vermeulen gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Sun Sep 17 16:02:06 BST 2006

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:04:41 +0200
Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net> wrote:

> Gerard Vermeulen schrieb:
> > Phil,
> >
> > The attached PyQt4.pyqwt.patch (a bit hardwired, but IMO not worth a more general
> > solution) makes it possible to use the Qwt5 designer plugin with pyuic4 without
> > editing the generated Python code (it is impossible to infer the PyQwt module
> > from the header filenames returned by the plugin).
> >

> Hi Gerard,
>
> could you please send me a UI file that uses some of your widgets? Right now,
> I'm trying to create a more general/extensible solution for this problem.

Hi Torsten,

Attached you'll find QwtWidgets.ui, all those widgets are part of the PyQt4.Qwt5
module.

A general solution would be to pass a list of modules to pyuic4, so that the
customWidget() function in uic/uiparser can lookup a class name in the list of
modules. In this case, I could do (suppose the -m option takes care of this):

pyuic4 -m PyQt4.Qwt5 QwtWidgets.ui

Thanks -- Gerard