[PyKDE] PyQt 4 on openSUSE

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Sep 6 12:46:24 BST 2006

Am Dienstag, 5. September 2006 19:29 schrieb Joachim Werner:
> Hi all,
>
> SUSE has been shipping with PyQt/PyKDE installed in the default
> system for quite a while. For PyQT/PyKDE 3 this was a no-brainer: The
> HP printer tools are installed by default and need them, so we have
> to install PyQt/PyKDE (or actually kdebindings3-python that contains
> them) by default, too. ;-)

which reminds me that the official kdebindings3-python package of KDE
3.5.4 is _way_ behind the current state of affairs. Since I'm also
quite unhappy with the way, the packages are installed (no docs, no
examples..), I'm back to rolling my own rpms, but that's not something,
joe average will do.

Simon seems busy currently, so what can been done here?

Even, if PyQt3 isn't as attractive, as fighting in the first front row,
it will stay with us for a while, and should be cared about, don't it?

I'm willing to contribute in that area. What further steps need to be
taken to get to a kde svn account?

Pete