[PyKDE] PyQt 4 on openSUSE

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Sep 5 22:20:24 BST 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 10:29, Joachim Werner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> SUSE has been shipping with PyQt/PyKDE installed in the default system for
> quite a while. For PyQT/PyKDE 3 this was a no-brainer: The HP printer tools
> are installed by default and need them, so we have to install PyQt/PyKDE
> (or actually kdebindings3-python that contains them) by default, too. ;-)

There's going to be a delay for PyKDE4, since KDE4 is still some time off in
the future (end of the year, as I recall). I don't really know what the
compatibility issues are between Py*3 and Py*4, since I haven't done anything
with PyQt4 yet.

There is probably one final release of PyKDE3 coming yet (way overdue) and
PyKDE4 will lag KDE4 by some amount.

Jim