[PyKDE] Cannot build pyqt, sip: QSessionManager is undefined

Wiktor Grębla greblus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 13:08:54 BST 2006

Hi.

I've been living under a rock for a while, and this morning I woke-up
with an idea to write
a simple application in pyqt. A few weeks ago I've seen a new version of
qt came out,
so I thought it'd be a good idea to give it a chance .

Here's what i have when I try to build snapshot-20061027
(Ubuntu Dapper, qt* installed in ~/local) :

Do you accept the terms of the license? yes
Checking to see if the QtGui module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtNetwork module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtOpenGL module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtSql module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtSvg module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtTest module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtXml module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtAssistant module should be built...
Qt v4.2.1 free edition is being used.
SIP snapshot-20061027 is being used.

The Qt header files are in /home/greblus/local/qt4//include.
The QtCore Qt library is in /home/greblus/local/qt4//lib.
The Qt binaries are in /home/greblus/local/qt4//bin.
The Qt mkspecs directory is in /home/greblus/local/qt4/.
These PyQt modules will be built: QtCore QtGui QtNetwork QtSql QtSvg QtTest
QtXml QtAssistant.
The PyQt modules will be installed in /home/greblus/local/qt4/pyqt4.
The PyQt .sip files will be installed in /home/greblus/local/qt4/pyqt4.
pyuic4, pyrcc4 and pylupdate4 will be installed in
/home/greblus/local/qt4/pyqt4.
Generating the C++ source for the QtCore module...
Creating the Makefile for the QtCore module...
Generating the C++ source for the QtGui module...
sip: QSessionManager is undefined
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

Is it something obvious and I'm doing something wrong, or it's simply
not implemented yet and I should wait a little longer?

Regards,
W.

--
Talkers are no good doers.