[PyKDE] determining origin of resize events

Peter Bienstman Peter.Bienstman at ugent.be
Thu Oct 26 20:40:37 BST 2006

I've been looking at all the events that are generated while I resize the
window. Unfortunately, before I click the mouse on the resize handle,
a 'leave' event is generated, and the subsequent events are moves, resizes,
or paints, and no mouse events seem to be generated anymore.

Or am I missing a way to check the mouse button status from within the
resizeEvent handler?

Peter

On Thursday 26 October 2006 20:49, Matt Newell wrote:
> On Thursday 26 October 2006 11:26, Peter Bienstman wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm wondering if it's possible to determine the origin of resize events.
> >
> > I'd like my application to behave differently when the user resizes the
> > window himself, as compared to the window getting resized because some
> > child widget needs to expand.
> >
> > Is this even possible?
>
> I'm not so sure if there is a direct way to do this, but if you install an
> event filter on the widget that is being resized, then check if the left
> mouse button is down inside that filter, that should work(assuming the user
> is resizing by dragging some handle).
>
> Matt

Peter Bienstman
Ghent University, Dept. of Information Technology
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
tel: +32 9 264 34 45, fax: +32 9 264 35 93
WWW: http://photonics.intec.UGent.be
email: Peter.Bienstman at UGent.be