[PyKDE] Any IDE?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Oct 22 10:29:02 BST 2006

On Sunday 22 October 2006 10:56, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Oct/22/2006, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 21.10.06 22:50:47, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > > Some months ago I taught some people to use qtdesigner as designer
> > > and code editor. It was a very easy way to start to program using
> > > Python+Qt, even when qt-designer is not a Python code editor :-)
> >
> > designer is a really bad code-editor.
>
> I know, but it was practical to introduce people to Python+Qt. I was not
> using as code-editor, but it was enough to explain to people.
>
> > > I think that Kdevelop will/has integrate/ed designer-qt4, but is there
> > > any other choice? I have not checked for scintilla, eric, etc. I think
> > > that they don't integrate qtdesigner with the code to write slots, etc.
> >
> > No, not to the extent that qt-designer does, but that's not a problem
> > for PyQt4 projects, you can't get much integration for that anyway,
> > because a class generator doesn't know which signals you want to connect
> > to.
> >
> > eric3 is a great idea for developing PyQt4 apps.
>
> ok! I will check. It seems that in Debian depends on pyqt3 :-)

eric3 depends on PyQt3, but it can be used to develop applications for PyQt4.
If you cannot install PyQt3 and PyQt4 in parallel for some reason, you can
try the eric4 snapshots. However, be warned, that eric4 is still under
development and usually depends on very recent versions of the required
software (which is recent snapshots of PyQt4 and QScintilla2).

Regards,
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach