[PyKDE] Edge mode not working with eric an ubuntu

Daryl Dusheiko daryld at magtech.com.au
Wed Oct 11 01:33:18 BST 2006

Hi,

I'm wanting to display a line at column 80 using the edge mode with the
mode set to draw line. A line is  displayed but is not at column 80. It
is being shown at position 40.
I think it is because the character spacing looks wrong. I've got the
tab width and indentation widths set to 4 but is seems to be only two
characters wide - judged by enabling show indentation guide.

When I start eric I get the following messages:

X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
  Major opcode:  147
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
  Major opcode:  147
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
Warning: translation file 'qt_en_AU.UTF-8'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'eric3_en_AU.UTF-8'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_en_AU.UTF-8'could not be loaded.
Using default.

I am using the following libraries and apps:
Ubuntu - Dapper with the KDE desktop
Python 2.4.3
Qt 3.3.6
PyQt 3.15.1
Qscintilla 1.6
Eric 3.9.1

What am I doing wrong or how do I fix this problem?

Regards,

Daryl