[PyKDE] PyQt and QScintilla2

Ismail Donmez ismail at pardus.org.tr
Sun Oct 8 14:29:26 BST 2006

08 Eki 2006 Paz 15:54 tarihinde, Detlev Offenbach şunları yazmıştı:
> On Sunday 08 October 2006 14:26, Ismail Donmez wrote:
> > 08 Eki 2006 Paz 14:33 tarihinde, Ismail Donmez şunları yazmıştı:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I downloaded PyQt-x11-gpl-3-snapshot-20061006.tar.gz and it still looks
> > > for qextscintillaglobal.h header which does not exist in QScintilla2
> > > package. Now I wonder QScintilla2 supports both Qt3 and Qt4 but PyQt
> > > still depends on qscintilla1 for QText ?
> >
> > Or let me put it this way, how do I get Eric3 to use QScintilla2? :)
>
> Not at all. eric3 is not prepared to work with QScintilla 2 because the API
> is different. Maybe there will be an eric3 3.10.x some time in the future.
> If you have to use just QScintilla 2 (both QScintilla variants can live
> side by side), you have the option to get an eric4 snapshot. Please be
> aware, that eric4 is to be considered alpha and requires QScintilla 2.

Thanks I am trying to get eric4 with QScintilla2 but it can't seem to find
QsciAPIs, I mailed Phil thinking this is a problem with snapshot but this
might be a local build problem instead though I don't know how it can happen:

 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eric4/ViewManager/ViewManager.py",
line 14, in ?
    from PyQt4.Qsci import QsciAPIs, QsciScintilla
ImportError: cannot import name QsciAPIs

Regards,
ismail