[PyKDE] bug in pyqt or in example?

Ulrich Berning ulrich.berning at denviso.de
Thu Nov 30 17:24:21 GMT 2006

Phil Thompson wrote:

>On Thursday 30 November 2006 11:02 am, mancausoft wrote:
>

>>Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> scrisse:
>>

>>>Can you try with tonight's SIP and PyQt4 snapshots? (Not the current
>>>PyQt snapshot - the one that will be generated tonight.)Can you try
>>>

>>the result it the same
>>
>> ~/PyQt-x11-gpl-4-snapshot-20061129/examples/draganddrop/draggableicons
>>$ ./draggableicons.py Segmentation fault
>>

>Can you find where it's crashing with gdb?
>
>Can anybody else reproduce the problem?

I have tried it with Python-2.5, Qt-4.2.1, sip-snapshot-20061126,
PyQt-4-snapshot-20061129. On all platforms, drag move actions work as
expected, but drag copy actions show a wrong behavior (compared to the
behavior of the Qt example): After starting a drag copy action, the icon
is grayed at the old position. After a drop, the gray icon should
disappear and the normal icon should appear again, but the grayed icon
remains. Sooner or later, the application crashes on most platforms.

On Linux (SuSE 9.2) it crashes.
On Solaris it crashes.
On AIX it crashes.
On HP-UX it doesn't crash.
On IRIX it crashes.
On Windows it doesn't crash.

After applying the changes suggested by Mancausoft, everything works as
expected. If these changes make no sense Phil, there must be something
wrong with PyQt or SIP.

Ulli