[PyKDE] python 2.5 and pyKDE (was: compile error for pyqt)

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Fri Nov 24 20:10:38 GMT 2006

Am Freitag, 24. November 2006 18:01 schrieb Jim Bublitz:
> On Friday 24 November 2006 04:10, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > >
> > > kde3/lib/kde3 generally isn't visible for loading. I will change the
> > > DESTDIR behavior, but the konsolepart support will be optional and
> > > not default in the next release.
> >
> > Jim, this reminds me that you may want to add a switch to control this
> > behavior. Even if DESTDIR is respected, its in the way when building
> > rpm packages, since you cannot add symlinks to non existent targets in
> > that package (to my humble knowledge). Therefore my spec contains:
> >
> > in %prep section:
> > sed -i 's/if kde_version >= 0x030500/if 0 and kde_version >=
> > 0x030500/g' \ configure.py
> >
> > %post
> > [ ! -L /opt/kde3/lib/libkonsolepart.so ] && {
> > ln -sf /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/libkonsolepart.so
> > /opt/kde3/lib/libkonsolepart.so }
> > %run_ldconfig
> >
> > %postun
> > [ -L /opt/kde3/lib/libkonsolepart.so ] && {
> >     rm -f /opt/kde3/lib/libkonsolepart.so
> > }
> > %run_ldconfig
>
> The only alternative I know of is to modify the user's ld.so.conf or
> library path (which most distributions don't seem to use any more), and
> both of those seem intrusive to me and if not done correctly could cause
> major problems.

Sorry for being too hazy. I've caught a strong flu and start getting my head
straight again. I understand your problem, and yes, until the KDE people
doesn't get this right, I don't see better way to solve this dilemma
either.

What I've meant is, you may want to add a switch to configure.py to suppress
generation of this symlink altogether. For those, who are not fluent to
sed, the above command simply does this the hard way..

It's then in the responsibility of the packager to do this, if they care
about konsole part functionality (along with a descriptive message about
the consequences). As shown, it won't work this way for rpm at least.

Pete