[PyKDE] OSX SIP requires Python to be built as a framework error

Andrew Webster webstercc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 04:33:30 GMT 2006

hi,
   I'm trying to get SIP/PyQt installed on OSX.  Here is what I am doing,
note the framework error at the end.

root# /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/bin/python
configure.py
This is SIP 4.5 for Python 2.4.3 on darwin.
The SIP code generator will be installed in /opt/local/bin.
The SIP module will be installed in
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages.
The SIP header file will be installed in
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/include/python2.4.
The default directory to install .sip files in is
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/share/sip.
The platform/compiler configuration is macx-g++.
Creating sipconfig.py...
Creating top level Makefile...
Creating sip code generator Makefile...
Creating sip module Makefile...
Error: SIP requires Python to be built as a framework

It has been a long time since I build python, does anyone know how to check
if I really built python as a framework?

thanks,
Andy