[PyKDE] PyQt4.uic

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Sun Nov 19 16:27:12 GMT 2006

Hi -

On the packaged version of PyQt4 for kde-redhat (PyQt4-4.1-1.fc5), then
the following line fails:

>>> from PyQt4.uic import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'loadUiToType'

It seems /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PyQt4/uic/__init__.py contains

__all__ = ("compileUi", "loadUiToType", "loadUi")

loadUiToType appears not to be defined. Is this a packaging issue or a bug
in the source package?

On a related note, has anyone noticed that statusbars disappearing from
PyQt applications on upgrading to Qt4.2? I had to explicitly create a
QStatusBar object, although the docs suggest you should automatically get
one on accessing statusBar().

Some of my dialogs are also failing without error message on being loaded
using loadUi... I'll have to investigate.

Thanks

Jeremy