[PyKDE] elementtree.ElementTree in latest PyQt4 missing?

bastian salmela basse at kulma.org
Wed Nov 15 11:16:41 GMT 2006

hi,

I am using PyQt4 at workplace on a windows platform. I just got new computer
to work on, and had to install all my software again.. latest PyQt4 seems to
require Python 2.5 so I installed that... along with Qt 4.2.1.  everything
seems to be running nicely, except one thing:

when I launch my program from commandline, it works ok. but when I pack it
with py2exe, and try to run the .exe I get error about elementtree, and how
it's missing. this is the error message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "var.py", line 4, in <module>
 File "PyQt4\uic\__init__.pyc", line 7, in <module>
 File "PyQt4\uic\Compiler\compiler.pyc", line 9, in <module>
 File "PyQt4\uic\uiparser.pyc", line 15, in <module>
ImportError: No module named elementtree.ElementTree

anyone have any ideas what this is about..?

I noticed that when running py2exe I also get info on missing library while
it's compiling. it says PyQt4.elementtree.ElementTree is missing.

on my old machine with python2.4 and little bit older PyQt4 this worked just
fine.. so something has changed, and i have no idea what.
any information highly appreciated so I can get this thing rolling..

thanks!

.b

kulma.org -- the works