[PyKDE] PyKDE Problem: sip: Unable to find file "kcmodulecontainer.sip"

Shawn rede at shaw.ca
Thu May 25 03:51:09 BST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to install PyKDE, but I'm having some trouble.

I installed Sip 4.4.3, then PyQt 3.16, then attempted to install the pykde
snapshot (20060422) and received the output below. I did a google search and
quickly browsed the archives, but didn't see anything that seemed helpful.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. -Shawn

     PyKDE version 3.15.2
           -------

Python include directory is /usr/include/python2.4
Python version is 2.4.1

sip version is 4.4.3 (4.4.3)

Qt directory is /usr/lib/qt-3.3
Qt version is 3.3.4

PyQt directory is /usr/share/sip
PyQt version is 3.16 (3.16.0)

gcc version 4.0.2
no concatenation

KDE base directory is /usr
KDE include directory is /usr/include/kde
KDE lib directory is /usr/lib
lib directory is lib
KDE version is 3.4.0 (0x30400)

PyKDE modules will be installed in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages
PyKDE .sip files will be installed in /usr/share/sip

PyKDE modules to be built:
   dcop kdecore kdefx kdeui kio kresources kabc kutils kfile kparts khtml
kspell kdeprint kmdi

Generating the C++ source for the dcop module...
Creating the Makefile for the dcop module...

Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
Creating the Makefile for the kdecore module...

Generating the C++ source for the kdefx module...
Creating the Makefile for the kdefx module...

Generating the C++ source for the kdeui module...
Creating the Makefile for the kdeui module...

Generating the C++ source for the kio module...
Creating the Makefile for the kio module...

Generating the C++ source for the kresources module...
Creating the Makefile for the kresources module...

Generating the C++ source for the kabc module...
Creating the Makefile for the kabc module...

Generating the C++ source for the kutils module...
sip: Unable to find file "kcmodulecontainer.sip"
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.