[PyKDE] undefined symbol: QPrinter::setPrintRange

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 23 17:27:55 BST 2006

gcc -framework whatever reports undefined symbols at the compile-time
intermediate linking phase. gcc -lwhatever does not.

See my previous post about run-time and compile-time linking.

When you import a module, it links the PyQt4 module with your qt4
libs. According to your trolltech announcement it is no suprise that
any shared library using those two functions (like PyQt4) will compile
correctly and fail on linking (like __import__('PyQt4')).