[PyKDE] Correct Qt 4 configuration flags for PyQt4 use with

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Mon May 22 08:19:16 BST 2006

Hi,

I have no difficulties building and using  Qt 3.3.6 with PyQt in a
Mac(intel), but when I try to use py2app to get a "distributable" file I
get errors of the type:

import qt
incorrect file type

The non distributable scripts run without problems in the machine.

I guess my problem is due to the fact MacPython is a "universal binary" and
the qt library it is not. Going thru the Qt 4 documentation I read that Qt4
can be build as universal or not, but there are some other flags that I
have no idea about their effect on PyQt4 (framework or not framework for
instance).

Please, could you tell me what flags should I use when building Qt for a
safe PyQt4 use?

Thanks a lot,

Armando