[PyKDE] UDSEntryList (QValueList) not implemented in PyQt?

Paul Waldo pwaldo at waldoware.com
Fri May 19 20:14:00 BST 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 3:30 pm, Paul Waldo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running into a weird issue with PyQt.  I have a UDSEntryList, which is
> really a QValueList, being passed into a function by KDE.  The PyQt3 docs
> say that it automatically gets converted to a python list, but at run time
> it shows up as a "NotImplementedType".
>
> I'm running Kubuntu Breezy, python 2.4.2, python-qt 3.14.1.  Attached is a
> test program to illustrate the problem.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!
>
> Paul

Well, so far no definitive answers on this one.  I tried upgrading to the
latest pykdeextensions, but still the problem persisted.  My next step was to
try the latest PyQt (3.16) (my version is 3.14).  Unfortunately, this
required an uninstall of a number of other packages, due to their dependence
on PyQt.

Is anyone out there running with the PyQt 3.16?  If so, would you mind seeing
if the test program works for you or gives the dreaded "NotImplementedType"
error?  Let me know if you need the test program.  Thanks in advance!

Paul