[PyKDE] Python Qwt

Gerard Vermeulen gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Fri May 19 16:54:02 BST 2006

On Fri, 19 May 2006 17:08:20 +0200
"Gudjon I. Gudjonsson" <gudjon at mc2.chalmers.se> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was trying to compile PyQwt with the new snapshots and got the following
> error that I don't understand
> /usr/bin/sip -t WS_X11 -t Qt_3_3_6 -x  -x Qt_STYLE_WINDOWSXP -x
> Qt_STYLE_INTERLACE -x VendorID -c
> build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.3/sip/qwt -I /usr/share/sip/qt sip/qwtmod.sip
> sip: QwtPlot::titleLabel() has overloaded functions with the same Python
> signature
> error: command '/usr/bin/sip' failed with exit status 1
>
> Does anyone know where PyQwt 5.0 can be found. I would like to start using
> PyQt 4.1 but I need PyQwt that compiles with it.

http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/snapshot/PyQwt-4.2.1.tar.gz is a snapshot (stable,
except for a few bug fixes in the install scripts) which works with Qt-3.x and
recent SIP snapshots.

http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/snapshot/PyQwt-20060419.tar.gz is a PyQwt5 snapshot
which works with Qt-3.x, Qt-4.1 and recent SIP snapshots.  Qwt5 is not officially
released, and PyQw5 contains an old Qwt CVS snapshot which you must use.
The PyQwt5 snapshot is not as stable as the PyQwt-4.2.1 snapshot.

I will release a real PyQwt-4.2.1 this weekend, and I will try to release an
updated PyQwt5 snapshot.

The new PyQwt-4.2.1 for SIP-4.4.x and PyQwt5 for Qt3 and Qt4 can all coexist
within the same Python interpreter.

Gerard