[PyKDE] libqassistantclient

Aaron BRICE aaron.brice at st.com
Thu May 18 22:52:52 BST 2006

Ulrich Berning wrote:
> Did you follow the advices in README.HP-UX from SIP?
>
> Did you build Python with the configure option "--with-cxx=aCC"? HP-UX
> can only load C++ shared libraries or C++ shared objects, if the main
> program is a C++ program.
>
> Did you install at least the cumulative linker and tools patch
> PHSS_30967 or a successor? This linker patch seems to be important.
>
> If you did all this, I can't see why it shouldn't work.
>
> Have you tried python -v or python -vv to see if shl_load() or
> shl_findsym() give an error message?
>
> ---

PHSS_30967 is installed.  I didn't use --with-cxx=aCC to build python, I
misread that assuming it was referring to building sip with that option.

I tried python -v and I get quite a lot of:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __dl__FPv (plabel)  from
/automation/usr/lib/qt3.3/lib/libqt-mt.3
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __PureVirtualCalled (plabel)  from
/automation/usr/lib/qt3.3/lib/libqt-mt.3

as well as some other unresolved symbols..

The Qt library works on the system with some compiled test C++ code.
I'll try to rebuild python with --with-cxx=aCC (then rebuild sip, then
rebuild PyQt) and see if that helps..