[PyKDE] dcop program

basse basse at kulma.org
Tue May 16 08:47:30 BST 2006

hi,

I am doing a little application that can be controlled via dcop. so far
everything else works, but I am unable to set the application name without
pid number appearing to the end of it automaticly (with dash).

so in dcop list, instead of "myapp" I see "myapp-5422"  for example.
otherwise that would be ok, but as I want to control my application remotely,
I need to know the name of it and now it's different every time I login.

is there a way to force pid not to appear there?  and why does it actually
appear? I only run one instance of it.

thanks!

p.s. this is what I use to set the application name in first place:
aboutdata = KAboutData("klik", "klik", "3.3")
KCmdLineArgs.init(sys.argv, aboutdata)

.b
--

http://www.kulma.org :: http://orange.blender.org