[PyKDE] Eric debugger trying to change source files?

Anthony Heading aheading at jpmorgan.com
Thu May 11 00:17:56 BST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to use eric simply as a debugger, but I'm finding it always
wants to write to all the source files!  E.g. if I create a script

% cat xyz.py

print "hello"

% python eric.py xyz.py

<brings up eric window showing xyz.py>

select Menu : File / Quit

<brings up a dialog box>

    File Modified
    The file h:\whatever\xyz.py has unsaved changes.
    Save   Discard changes   Abort

Is this something known / expected?  Is there a way to turn it
off (also ideally disabling the editor)?

Thanks!

Anthony

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates.