[PyKDE] Killing QApplication

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon May 1 18:30:53 BST 2006

On Monday 01 May 2006 09:34, Paul Waldo wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I'm trying to test in a slightly different way than
> your method.  If I understand you correctly, you create a main window and
> have a button kick off all of your tests.  I create a bunch of test
> classes, each of which needs to be run on its own (while developing), then
> folded into the master tester.  I'm not sure your method would work in my
> situation.

I'll send you the file and you can decide. Another possibility would be to
fork each KApplication instance as a separate process (creating the
KApplication in the child process), although that would make collecting
results a little more involved.

> I tried using KMainWindow.close() in the tearDown() method, but I still got
> the "QApplication: There should be max one application object" error :-(

In that case, my guess would be that the underlying C++ KApplication object
isn't getting destroyed until the application actually exits. I don't believe
there's any way to guarantee that that happens.

> Maybe the unit test file you mentioned will work.  If you could post it,
> I'd appreciate it!

I'll send it to you via email - it's not very big, but a little big to post to
the list.

Jim