[review] [PyKDE] build error w/ KDE 3.5.2 on Mac OS X (Qt3/X11)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Mar 22 22:25:53 GMT 2006

On 22.03.06 12:55:25, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 March 2006 09:59, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> In this case, I'd suspect that gcc 4.0 is the problem - early versions (before
> 4.0.3 ??)

IIRC I had used 4.0.1 when I reported this to work here on the list.
Back then you re-enabled automatic concatenation for gcc>4 IIRC. However
that was a Debian unstable gcc which receives important updates from gcc
CVS, so it might as well have been something like 4.0.1.99.

Anyway for Benjamin: I normaly compile PyQt3 and PyQt4 concatenated to
4 files for 2 reasons:

a) it speeds up compilation, it only takes 10 minutes now, whereas a
non-concatenated version takes 45 minutes or something like that
b) less files use more memory than my box can offer (laptop with 512MB
RAM) and thus the compiling again takes longer or even kills apps.

I don't recall compilation failing when concatenating into 1 file, but
that might as well be due to even larger files with PyKDE.

So you could try to tell PyKDE to create something like 4 files for each
module.

Andreas

--
Life is to you a dashing and bold adventure.