[PyKDE] Sugestions for PyQt4

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Tue Mar 21 09:54:08 GMT 2006

I heard Giovanni Bajo said:

> As I said elsewhere, I believe this kind of improvements belongs to a
> separate wrapper, such as PyPyQt built on top of PyQt. Others would
> prefer a PyQt compilation switch or something like that.

Hello Giovanni,

I'd cast my vote in favor of a wrapper. I think we already brought up
the idea when discussing the Qt namespace issue.

Essentially, it does make a lot of sense to provide the C++ Qt API 'as
is' to people migrating from C++ to Python, but the majority of the
PyQt developper community, as far as I can tell, is made of experienced
Python programmers, and a more Pythonic interface would make a lot of
sense as well.

Now, though, do we make that a separate project, or something that would
ship with PyQt as it currently exists? (And by this I mean, really,
Phil, do you want to have your hands in that wrapper, or would you
rather it be a community project?)

-- S.