[PyKDE] PyKDE fails to compile on Debian

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 12 20:51:41 GMT 2006

On 12.03.06 11:24:19, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Sunday 12 March 2006 10:01, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
> > private:
> >     KTimezone(const KTimezone&);
> >     KTimezone& operator=(const KTimezone&);
> >
> >     KSharedPtr<KTimezoneSource> m_db;
> >     QString m_name;
> >     QString m_countryCode;
> >     float m_latitude;
> >     float m_longitude;
> >     QString m_comment;
> >     KTimezonePrivate *d;
> > };
>
> That's exactly the right place - the KDE source from kde.org doesn't have the
> first two lines (the copy constructor and operator). I'll have to see if I
> can fix the handwritten code that's calling the copy constructor. In the
> meantime, you should be able to do the following edits:
>
> In PyKDE-snapshot20060122/sip/kdecore/kdecore-kde350.diff:
>    comment out (//) or delete the line containing %Include ktimezones.sip
>
> PyKDE-snapshot20060122/sip/kdeui/kdeui-kde350.diff
>    comment out (//) or delete the line containing %Include ktimezonewidget.sip
>
> That will remove the KTimezone-related stuff from your PyKDE completely, which
> probably won't be too inconvenient. It's new in KDE 3.5.0 and nothing else
> depends on it.
>
> Does anybody on the list know why Debian has this difference? Does it extend
> to other Debian-based distributions?

This is due to a patch from KDE's svn, so it seems to me that this was a
bug in the released 3.5.0 or 3.5.1 source. Thus you should make PyKDE
work with private copy constructor and assignment operator. Seems like
the KDE-people just forgot this and thus the compiler-generated default
gets used which will be public.

The revisions that introduced the change are 502693 and 506549.

Andreas

--
You will live a long, healthy, happy life and make bags of money.