[PyKDE] Python-qt on Debian, more error messages

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jun 30 16:36:05 BST 2006

On 30.06.06 16:46:27, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
>    Here is a quite minimal version of my program. Just run the comile.sh
> script and press "Start Measurement" several times in a row (wait for the
> measurement to stop between presses). It is quite chaotic when it crashes but
> in the end it will.

Well, that doesn't crash here, but I use PyQt3,PyQwt,sip and Python2.4.3
self-built and only Qt and Qwt from Debian. So there's a chance that
their PyQwt or PyQt packages are broken.

Also I had to remove numpy, because that's not importable here, even
after installing Numeric.

>    Since I guess it is a memory leak. Is it there some debugger that might be
> able to find it. I feel quite bad giving the problem to you but I will buy
> your software as soon as I become a little bit richer:)

There's pdb, the python debugger, or if the crash occurs inside C/C++
code you'd use gdb. However that would mean you have to built sip,PyQt
and PyQwt yourself to enable debugging symbols.

If you find that everythings Ok when building these yourself, then file
a bugreport against the PyQwt.

Andreas

--
You may be recognized soon.  Hide.