[PyKDE] QTranslator not working at all?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 29 10:04:49 BST 2006

Hi,

I've got a small problem here with QTranslator: It doesn't work.

I attached the .ts and .qm files for reference, with those the following
code snippet returns an empty string:

>>> from PyQt4 import QtCore
>>> app=QtCore.QCoreApplication()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
TypeError: insufficient number of arguments to QCoreApplication()
>>> import sys
>>> import os
>>> app=QtCore.QCoreApplication(sys.argv)
>>> qtrans = QtCore.QTranslator()
>>> qtrans.load("xpathevaluator_de", os.getcwd() )
True
>>> qtrans.translate('BasicModel','Node')
<PyQt4.QtCore.QString object at 0xb7c7f4ec>
>>> print "'%s'" %qtrans.translate('BasicModel','Node')
''

Anybody got ideas? However the i18n example works perfectly..

Andreas

--
It's a very *__UN*lucky week in which to be took dead.
		-- Churchy La Femme