[PyKDE] Develop with PyQt4 using eric3 : Runtime error...

B. B. thebbzoo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 12:11:37 BST 2006

Hello !

I have read that eric3 supports development with PyQt4. I am trying to
make it work, but I have some problems.

My versions installed are the following :

python 2.4.2
Qt 3.3.4
Qt 4.1.2
PyQt 3.16
PyQt4 4.0
sip 4.4.5
QScintilla 1.6
Eric 3.9.0

My problem is that when I run/debug PyQt4 applications, in the very
first import of PyQt4 modules (e.g from PyQt4 import QtCore), I get
the following runtime error :

"the PyQt4.QtCore and qt modules both wrap the QObject class"
.

It does not seems like I have any problems running applications
outside eric - both PyQt and Py'Qt4 seems to work fine.  I have no
problems with debugging/running PyQt(3) applications with eric.

Is there any special precautions to take, when mixing PyQt3 and PyQt4.
Maybe when compiling sip or eric?? Have I missed something??

Anyone any idears??

best regards,

BB