[PyKDE] ANN PyQt v4.0 Released

sole at esrf.fr sole at esrf.fr
Sun Jun 11 17:43:58 BST 2006

Quoting imcs ee <imcsee at gmail.com>:

> sole,
> I build Qt4 source with the patch file your told me.
> (build with qconfigure msvc.net, and i uninstall mingw already)
> and it looks working.(i can run the demo of qt4).
> add qtbin to the PATH.
> then i build sip as your said(configure,nmake,nmake install)
> then i build pyqt4....configure returen the error.
> the reason is the file(qtdirs.mk.Release) created by configure still use
> mingw style setting. """CC            = gcc CXX           = g++"""
> so, the building failed...

So, Qt4 was fine.

Did sip go thru? If so, then everything is OK from your side. You could compare
the generated Makefile of sip and the Makefile of PyQt4 and adapt those variables.

I will try to build everything again and see if I reproduce the problem. I was
using latest pre-official PyQt4 snapshots and not the latest official release.

Armando