[PyKDE] ANN PyQt v4.0 Released

sole at esrf.fr sole at esrf.fr
Sun Jun 11 17:11:32 BST 2006

Hi,

>if in install the binary pyqt4. then the pyqt4 sample can't execute with an
>error: missing mingw10.dll...

You have to build PyQT4 yourself. The binary is for the mingw stuff.

You have to make sure you build Qt with vs 2003. If you have already done it go
to QTDONE below.

Install the  trolltech file. I always choose NOT to register any variables. I
would propose to delete everything in the %QTDIR%\lib directory to make sure you
actually build the library.

Patch the sources following the instructions from the sourceforge downloaded files.

Open a DOS command window preferrably from the Microsoft Platform SDK SP1.

Call the vcvars32.bat of your studio 2003 installation.

Make sure your environment variable QTDIR points to the directory where you
installed Qt. If it is in the directory c:\Qt\4.1.3 you can do:

set QTDIR=C:\Qt\4.1.3

set PATH=%QTDIR%\bin;%QTDIR%\lib;%PATH%

cd c:\Qt\4.1.3

qconfigure msvc.net [add the options you may want, I choose the fast and release
options]

Let everything finish nad you should have your %QTDIR%\lib filled with the new
libraries.

QTDONE

In the same window you should build sip and PyQt4 from source. No particular
options there if python is in your path:

python configure.py
nmake
nmake install

first for sip and then for PyQt4.