[PyKDE] QCoreApplication.setEventFilter

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 01:14:34 BST 2006

This is sort of a duplicate of a post to qt-interest. Thanks

I want to allow a child widget to receive all 'delete' key events, so
it can delete what it has to delete. I feel like I'm shooting myself
in the foot, and not approaching this correctly at all, so does anyone
have a better idea for this? I am using python, and so can't use
QCoreApplication::setEventFilter, as it is not implemented.

I have tried setting the child widget's focus policy to strong, but it
still doesn't get key events. I have tried implementing keyPressEvent
in the top-level widget, but it doesn't always get them either,
assuming it's because the child widget with current focus is getting
them. ideas?
--
Patrick Kidd Stinson
http://www.patrickkidd.com/