[PyKDE] Installing pyqt4 on a debian testing (etch) sytem

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 7 18:13:12 BST 2006

On 07.06.06 11:08:01, Richard Smith wrote:
> >You don't need to be root, but you do need write permission in the source
> >directory. Did you unpack the source as root?
> >

> Indeed, I had some permission issues.   However this was just a  user
> error symptom of the larger problem where I didn't have QtCore_debug
> installed.  Its not a dependency of the etch libqt4-dev package.  I
> have to also have to install libqt4-debug

Well, if you build PyQt4 in debug mode I think it's pretty obvious that
you also need the qt4 debug libs, is it? Or did you not specify the
 -u switch?

If you didn't specify -u, then there's a problem in PyQt4's
configure.py. I guess it'll include _debug libs if it finds that qmake
reports these to be there, which of course might not be the case for
distro packages...

Andreas

--
Chicken Little only has to be right once.