[PyKDE] Updated PyQt4 Documentation

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Jun 5 20:03:49 BST 2006

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 18:54:35 +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:

> I've updated the PyQt4 documentation at
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Docs/PyQt4/html/classes.html
>
> Although there are still many rough edges, this will be what's included
> with the final release of PyQt4.
>
> Any feedback of the "you really should fix this before releasing" variety
> would be welcome.

The following classes are probably internal classes and aren't mentioned in
the Qt documentation. They may be exported from QtGui, but are probably
actually marked as internal:

  QAbstractPageSetupDialog
  QDragResponseEvent
  QTextEngine
  QTextFrameLayoutData
  QTextItem
  QTextStreamManipulator
  QToolBarChangeEvent

Some classes are mentioned in the Qt documentation, but not in the PyQt
documentation, perhaps because they aren't wrapped. I've ignored the classes
for specific platform styles, ones related to QTest, and those for creating
forms at run-time:

  QAbstractExtensionFactory
  QAbstractExtensionManager
  QAccessible*
  QAx*
  QCache
  QCopChannel
  QDecoration*
  QDesigner*
  QDirectPainter
  QExtensionFactory
  QExtensionManager
  QFlag
  QFlags
  QGenericArgument
  QGenericReturnArgument
  QHash
  QHashIterator
  QIconEnginePlugin
  QImageIOHandler
  QImageIOPlugin
  QInputContextFactory
  QInputContextPlugin
  QKbdDriverFactory
  QKbdDriverPlugin
  QLinkedList
  QLinkedListIterator
  QLinuxFbScreen
  QList
  QListIterator
  QMacMime
  QMap
  QMapIterator
  QMetaType
  QMouseDriverFactory
  QMouseDriverPlugin
  QMultiHash
  QMultiMap
  QMutableHashIterator
  QMutableLinkedListIterator
  QMutableListIterator
  QMutableMapIterator
  QMutableVectorIterator
  QPainterPathStroker
  QPair
  QPictureFormatPlugin
  QPointer
  QQueue
  QScreen*
  QSet
  QSetIterator
  QSharedData
  QSharedDataPointer
  QSignalSpy
  QSqlDriverCreator
  QSqlDriverPlugin
  QStack
  QStylePainter
  QStylePlugin
  QTextCodecPlugin
  QThreadStorage
  QTransformedScreen
  QVarLengthArray
  QVector
  QVectorIterator
  QVfbScreen
  QVNCScreen
  QWindowsMime
  QWS*
  QX11EmbedContainer
  QX11EmbedWidget

Note that some of these are for container classes and others are only used
by Qtopia Core (Qt for Embedded Linux).

I've wrapped the Q*Extension* and QDesigner* classes for my own purposes, so
you can have the .sip files for those if you want them. I guess you probably
aren't interested in the extra work they would require right now, since you
don't appear to have wrapped various other plugin-related classes.

David