[PyKDE] PyKDE bug with KMdiMainFrm

Serge Weinstock sweinst at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 18:36:10 BST 2006

Hi,

I'm currently upgrading Sip/PyQt/PyKDE in order to be able to use PyQt4.
I'm using a Suse10.1 x86 distribution with KDE3.5.4 and I'm now using:
* sip  4.4.5
* PyQt-x11-gpl-3.16
* PyKDE-snapshot20060422

Checking that my previous programs were still working, I ran into this bug:
Overriding the customEvent method of kmdi.KMdiMainFrm makes any
application crashes  at the creation of the main frame.

To test it, add the following method to the class KmdiExample of the
uikmdi.py sample of PyKDE:
def customEvent(self, event):
    kmdi.KMdiMainFrm.customEvent(self, event)

And the application will crash during the call to kmdi.KMdiMainFrm.createGUI

A workaround for this bug is to create an invisible widget specifically
for handling custom events..

Serge Weinstock