[PyKDE] QT4.1.4 and PyQT4-snapshot-20060716 on MacOSX

Tobias Rundström tru at xmms.org
Wed Jul 19 23:59:26 BST 2006

>> Oh, that strikes me as weird.
>>
>> I have MacOSX 10.4.7 on a MacBook Intel.
>>
>> Can you think of any reason why signals wouldn't be propagated
>> properly?
>
> A bug in your code?

Phil,

In that case all the examples bug too. I can open random example from
the distribution and not get any of the buttons to respond. I tried
for example simplewizard.py, and I never get the next button to be
active and pressing the cancel button won't do anything.

Not even this simple program does anything useful: Meaning that it
starts, but pressing the button doesn't do anything.

from PyQt4 import QtGui, QtCore
import sys

class Mw(QtGui.QMainWindow):
         def __init__(self):
                 QtGui.QMainWindow.__init__(self)
                 pb = QtGui.QPushButton("foo")
                 self.connect(pb, QtCore.SIGNAL("clicked()"), self.foo)
                 self.setCentralWidget(pb)

         def foo(self):
                 print "button pressed"

ap = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)