[PyKDE] QFont and PIL

Aljosa Mohorovic aljosa at revolucija.hr
Wed Jul 19 18:22:05 BST 2006

On 7/19/06, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> Also : Why do you need PIL? Qt can itself draw to images and then put
> these into files, into bytearrays to send of the the network or anything
> else you can do with an encoded image. So if you need PIL (I don't know
> PIL other than that it's an imaging lib) to do some fancy image
> processing, you could first paint everything you want into a QImage and
> then save it into a temporary file (or in-memory file) and read it from
> there into PIL.
i'll try with QImage and in-memory file (i use cStringIO to show
images opened in PIL in QLabel) but i was hoping to find a way to do
it in PIL.

i need PIL because i can't get py2exe to properly include Qt image plugins.
i could send source code to user but they don't know what source code is 8-)

thanks for help

Aljosa Mohorovic