[PyKDE] pyqt installation can't find sip

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jul 19 18:04:27 BST 2006

On 19.07.06 12:36:32, Imran Akbar wrote:
> Hi,
>   I've installed SIP 4.4.5 by doing the following:
> python configure.py
> make
> make install
>
> can't see any errors.  then i go to install pyqt, but i get the error:
>
> after doing a 'python configure.py'
> "This version of PyQt requires SIP v4.4.4 or later"
> Any ideas?  I'm on fedora core 5, dual-core athlon.

This would be very weird. BTW: Which version of PyQt are you using?

What does the following python script print for you:

>>> import sipconfig
>>> sipcfg = sipconfig.Configuration()
>>> sipcfg.sip_version_str
>>> sipcfg.sip_version_str[:8]

It should print something like 4.4.5, if it doesn't the sip installation
was not done correctly. In that case we'd need a transcript of the
messages generated by the 3 commands you used to build and install sip.

Andreas

--
You'll never be the man your mother was!