[PyKDE] First Python QT app queries

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jul 19 00:03:17 BST 2006

On 18.07.06 20:39:17, Dave S wrote:
> (1) When I execute my dialogue script I have to
> 'python dlg_livedata.py',  If I ...
> './dlg_livedata.py'
>  as I normally do I get a wierd X cursor. What is happening, I thought with
> a '#!/bin...python' both statements were the same ?

I guess you start it from a command line? Why not use eric's built in
support for starting your script?

Anyway executing the script via ./<script> should work fine if the
script is executable and the proper python is used. But the
script you included below doesn't contain any shebang.

> (2) When I start my dialogue script I get warnings from BASH ...
>
> ubuntu at ubuntu:~/python_develop/unison/DDC/QT$ python dlg_livedata.py
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
>   Major opcode:  145
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
>   Major opcode:  145
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is this normal ?

This doesn't look normal and it doesn't happen here with the example
from below. So there musst be some error in your application.

> (3) I would like my boxes to stretch if I full screen the window. They stay
> the same size - I have looked in qt designer but max size is already set to
> 32767 - what do I have to do to allow stretching ?

What you want is called a Layout, see the Qt documentation for more
information.

> (4) When I made my QlistBox I deleted all items. In qt designer preview it
> looks perfect. When I write to the list box ie ...
> 'win.listBox2.insertItem(mapdata)'
> I get a this line below the top line. How do I delete it ?

I don't understand what your goal is? Do you want to replace an existing
item with a new text? Then use changeText with a proper index. If you
want to insert a new item at a specific position give an index number to
the insertItem call. If you want something completely different, I think
you should show us some code.

Andreas

--
You prefer the company of the opposite sex, but are well liked by your own.