[PyKDE] Crashes with QAbstractListModel?

Jan Ekholm jan.ekholm at smultron.net
Sat Jul 15 22:50:18 BST 2006

Hi,

I've used PyQt 4.0 as released a while ago for some time now without major
problems. Seems quite stable and is fun to work with (ok, I absolutely hate
the QtCore.* and QtGui.* package names, they make the code far too verbose
and prone to silly typos).

However, I seem to always run into crashes when I use the QAbstractListModel
together with a QListView in ListMode. I get no other meaningful output
except:

        Fatal Python error: GC object already tracked
        Aborted

When using IconMode the QListView shows the model data but crashes with a
segmentation fault as soon as a row is clicked. I don't really know how to
get more meaningful information about the crash. Hints are welcome.

PyQt4 is compiled with sip-4.4.5 and uses Qt 4.1.2 from Kubuntu Dapper.

Any ideas? Should one just not use the model/view stuff?

Best regards,
    Jan Ekholm

--
  Shadwell hated all southerners and, by inference, was standing at the
  North Pole.