[PyKDE] Error raised during Eric project creation

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Jul 14 18:38:51 BST 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 23:29, Laurent Dufréchou wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've tried tonight to create my first eric project, thus with SVN support.
> I've replied to all the question, selected the file:// protocol and
> selected  an svn directory:
> /mnt/data2/Boulot/svnrepos/pyScp
> (svnrepos was created before eric project creation)
> Validating my choise I 've got this error in stdout widget:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eric3/Project/Project.py", line
> 1859, in newProject
>     self.vcs.vcsConvertProject(vcsDataDict, self)
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eric3/VCS/subversionPackage/subversion.py
>", line 122, in vcsConvertProject
>     success = self.vcsImport(vcsDataDict, project.ppath)[0]
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eric3/VCS/subversionPackage/subversion.py
>", line 200, in vcsImport
>     shutil.copytree(projectDir, os.path.join(tmpDir, project, 'trunk'))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/shutil.py", line 132, in copytree
>     raise Error, errors
> shutil.Error: [(u'/mnt/data2/Boulot/pyScp/pyScp.e3p',
> u'/mnt/data2/Boulot/pyScp_tmp/pyScp/trunk/pyScp.e3p',
> <exceptions.OSError instance at 0xb601ebac>)]
>
> Any idea of what is triggering this?
> If normal, (wrong manipulation form my part) perhaps the error could be
> catched, thus to re-ask the user the wrong parameters?
>
> regards,
>
> Laurent

Hi,

I think the error is raised because you have no rights to write to the
mentioned directory. I assume, that /mnt/data2/Boulot/svnrepos/pyScp is your
repository path and you want to Create a new eric project from repository
(i.e. perform a checkout). That is done by the following steps.

1. Select Project menu -> Version Control -> New from repository

2. Select Subversion

3. Enter the following
Protocol: file://
Tag: leave empty
Project Directory: Enter (or select) a directory, where the checked out files
should be copied to
Repository has standard layout: uncheck, if it doesn't have the recommended
layout (see below)

4. Press OK.

Standard layout would be .../pyScp/trunk (for the development), .../pyScp/tags
(for tags) and .../pyScp/branches (for branches)

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Detlev
--