[PyKDE] feature request for eric4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jul 8 17:28:47 BST 2006

On 08.07.06 13:55:34, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Saturday 08 July 2006 13:00, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 08.07.06 10:48:30, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> > > Hi Andreas,
> > >
> > > that is already possible with eric3 (unless it is broken).
> > >
> > > Alternative 1: You can change the environment for the debug client
> > > globally in the configuration dialog, Debugger -> General page. Here you
> > > may replace the environment or ammend it.
> > >
> > > Alternative 2: You can do the same on a project basis by using the
> > > Project menu -> Debugger -> Debugger Properties.
> > >
> > > I hope, that satisfies your needs.
> >
> > Forget my other answer, it works exactly the way the code was written.
> > However the label of the checkbox could need improvement, something like
> > "completely replaced" or "Empty the environment before setting the
> > variables". It wasn't obvious to me at least.
>
> What is the difference between "replace" and "completely replace" ?

What I meant was, that it wasn't obvious to me (neither from the label
nor the tooltip) that the checkbox totally empties the environment and
then only adds what is put into the line edit.

> > The other thing is: Running my application inside eric3 (debug or direct
> > run) doesn't trigger the error, even if I launch eric3 via:
> > LANG=de_DE eric3. When I run the app from the commandline using
> > LANG=de_DE python myapp.py I get the exception. Any idea what might be
> > different here? I don't really want to debug that using the python
> > debugg...
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Please check in your app, that LANG was really set to de_DE. What is
> happening?

LANG is correctly set to the value from the configuration. As was
pointet out in the other thread-part by you this could be due to the
switch of the default encoding of python.

Andreas

--
You will always get the greatest recognition for the job you least like.