[PyKDE] subtle bug in eric3 editor

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jul 8 12:54:25 BST 2006

On 08.07.06 13:39:46, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Saturday 08 July 2006 13:09, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > >
> > > You are right and please do so.
> >
> > Somebody already noticed this in 2003:
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=676887&group_id=2
> >439&atid=102439
> >
> > I'm going to add a comment asking what the plans for this are.
> >
> > Do you see any chance of supporting other editors in eric3 (or 4)? For
> > example I could imagine eric3/4 using KDE's KTextEditor interface and thus
> > basically using kate as editor. How "integrated" is QScintilla into the
> > eric3/4 IDE?
> >
> > Andreas
>
> I have no plans to support other editors, specially not KDE editors because
> eric3/4 are supposed to work on Windows and Mac OSX as well.

Well, KDE4 will run on Mac OSX and probably also on Windows. Also eric3
already does support PyKDE if it is available.

So what about the last question: How much is eric3 bound to QScintilla
as editor and how much work would it be (for me, for example) to replace
QScintilla with "something else"?

Andreas

--
Don't go surfing in South Dakota for a while.