[PyKDE] subtle bug in eric3 editor

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jul 8 11:23:13 BST 2006

On 08.07.06 10:58:42, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Friday 07 July 2006 23:07, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > I think there's a bug in either eric3's "usage" of QScintilla or
> > QScintilla itself: When a : is put into a line, an enter on that line
> > will go to the next line _and_ eric3 indents the next line. This is only
> > the correct behaviour if the line where I press enter contains for, def,
> > class, if (and what else I forgot) and if there's nothing after the :
> > except whitespace or #.
> >
> > Or am I wrong at that?
> >
> > I stumbled upon this with:
> > data = self.doc.xpath(self.search_xpath,
> > {'moviedbns':'http://localhost/moviedb'})
> >
> > where eric3 indents the next line when I press enter at the end of that
> > line.
>
> that is a Scintilla "feature". I don't use the "Autoindent after ':'" feature.
> (see configuration dialog -> Editor -> Properties page).

Hmm, am I right that QScintilla is a Qt wrapper around Scintilla? Then
I'll complain to the scintilla developers. This is definetly not a
feature.

I do find the indent after ":" handy, if and only if I have something
like "if foo:" or "for foo in list:". So I don't want to turn it off
completely (then I'd rather live with the current inconvience).

Andreas

--
Celebrate Hannibal Day this year.  Take an elephant to lunch.